Best time to go to Mývatn Average weather of Mývatn, Iceland
Get the most favorable time to visit Mývatn in Iceland from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Mývatn?
When is the best time to go to Mývatn? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are September, October and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Mývatn a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in january|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in february|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in march|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in april|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in may|
|bad weather||Mývatn in june|
|bad weather||Mývatn in july|
|bad weather||Mývatn in august|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in september|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in october|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in november|
|very bad weather||Mývatn in december|
Weather and climate in Mývatn
- From january to may the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 41°F and it rains about 2in each month.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 49°F in average and you can expect to have 1.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 54°F°C and it rains about 49% of the time in july.
- In the month of august the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 49°F in average and it rains in august about 3.1in.
- Between the months of september and december the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 23°F and, in december, 15 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Mývatn
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Mývatn: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Iceland
Mývatn appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.