Best time to go to Húsavík Average weather of Húsavík, Iceland
Discover the very best time to visit Húsavík in Iceland from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Húsavík?
When is the best time to go to Húsavík? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The coldest months are January, February and December
- The rainiest months are September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Húsavík
For full information about the climate and weather in Húsavík a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||18°F/29°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in january|
|February||18°F/31°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in february|
|March||20°F/31°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in march|
|April||23°F/38°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in april|
|May||29°F/45°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in may|
|June||38°F/54°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in june|
|July||41°F/58°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in july|
|August||40°F/56°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in august|
|September||34°F/49°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in september|
|October||27°F/40°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in october|
|November||22°F/32°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in november|
|December||18°F/29°F||very bad weather||Húsavík in december|
Weather and climate in Húsavík
- Between the months of january and may the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 36°F in average and you can expect to have 5.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of june the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 45°F in average and it rains in june about 4.1in.
- In july the climate is okay. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 6.1in each month.
- In august the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 40°F and you can expect to have 6.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between september and december the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 47°F and it rains in december about 9.3in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Húsavík
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Húsavík: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Húsavík
Find out when Húsavík has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Húsavík
- Very low season in Húsavík
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- Low season in Húsavík
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, June and October.
- High season in Húsavík
The number of visitors to Húsavík is high in: September.
- Peek season in Húsavík
The largest number of tourists visiting Húsavík is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Húsavík month by month
Best time for low prices in Húsavík
Average prices of hotels in Húsavík month by month
Generally, March is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Húsavík. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.