Best time to go to Askja Average weather of Askja, Iceland
Discover the very best time to go to Askja in Iceland from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Askja?
When is the best time to go to Askja? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month in Askja is July
- The coldest months are January, February and December
- The rainiest months are September, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Askja a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||18°F/29°F||very bad weather||Askja in january|
|February||18°F/31°F||very bad weather||Askja in february|
|March||18°F/32°F||very bad weather||Askja in march|
|April||23°F/38°F||very bad weather||Askja in april|
|May||34°F/45°F||very bad weather||Askja in may|
|June||45°F/54°F||bad weather||Askja in june|
|July||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Askja in july|
|August||41°F/56°F||very bad weather||Askja in august|
|September||34°F/49°F||very bad weather||Askja in september|
|October||27°F/40°F||very bad weather||Askja in october|
|November||22°F/32°F||very bad weather||Askja in november|
|December||18°F/27°F||very bad weather||Askja in december|
Weather and climate in Askja
- Between january and may the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 65°F.
- In june the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 47°F and you can expect to have 3.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 49°F and it rains about 61% of the time in july.
- Between the months of august and december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 27°F and you can expect to have 9.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Askja
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Askja: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.