Best time to go to Dettifoss Average weather of Dettifoss, Iceland
Find the very best time to visit Dettifoss in Iceland from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Dettifoss?
When is the best time to go to Dettifoss? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month in Dettifoss is July
- The coldest months are March and December
- The rainiest months are October, November and December
Annual weather in Dettifoss
For full information about the climate and weather in Dettifoss a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||27°F/34°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in january|
|February||29°F/34°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in february|
|March||27°F/34°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in march|
|April||31°F/38°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in april|
|May||38°F/43°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in may|
|June||47°F/52°F||bad weather||Dettifoss in june|
|July||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Dettifoss in july|
|August||47°F/54°F||bad weather||Dettifoss in august|
|September||41°F/50°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in september|
|October||36°F/41°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in october|
|November||31°F/36°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in november|
|December||27°F/32°F||very bad weather||Dettifoss in december|
Weather and climate in Dettifoss
Dettifoss enjoys a tundra climate in accordance with the Köppen-Geiger classification. The yearly average maximum temperature in Dettifoss is 43°F (ranging from 32°F in december to 56°F in july). Annual rainfall is 68.1in, with a minimum of 3.2in in june and a maximum of 8.1in in december.
- From january to may the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 43°F and it rains about 22% of the time in may.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and it rains in june about 3.2in.
- In the month of july the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 72°F and, in july, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of august the climate is bad. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in august and, in august, 7 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of september and december the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 29°F and it rains about 8.1in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Dettifoss
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Dettifoss: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Other cities and places near Dettifoss
Chargement en cours
Legend: Dettifoss other locations