Best time to go to Chania Average weather of Chania, Crete
Discover the most favorable time to go to La Canée (Chania) in Greece from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Chania?
When is the best time to go to Chania? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chania are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- Chania has dry periods in July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are January, February and December
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Chania a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Chania in january|
|tolerable weather||Chania in february|
|good weather||Chania in march|
|good weather||Chania in april|
|perfect weather||Chania in may|
|perfect weather||Chania in june|
|perfect weather||Chania in july|
|perfect weather||Chania in august|
|perfect weather||Chania in september|
|perfect weather||Chania in october|
|good weather||Chania in november|
|tolerable weather||Chania in december|
Weather and climate in Chania
- Between january and february the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F and it rains about 33% of the time in february.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is favorable. It is for example 67°F as maximum temperature in april.
- From may to september the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 67°F and, in november, 8 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and, in december, 12 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Chania
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Chania: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Crete
Chania appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Crete appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.