Best time to go to Malia Average weather of Malia, Crete
Get the most favorable time to visit Malia in Crete from seasonal averages, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Malia?
When is the best time to go to Malia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Malia are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- Malia has dry periods in June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are January and February
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Malia a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Malia in january|
|tolerable weather||Malia in february|
|good weather||Malia in march|
|good weather||Malia in april|
|perfect weather||Malia in may|
|perfect weather||Malia in june|
|perfect weather||Malia in july|
|perfect weather||Malia in august|
|perfect weather||Malia in september|
|perfect weather||Malia in october|
|good weather||Malia in november|
|good weather||Malia in december|
Weather and climate in Malia
- Between january and february the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 56°F and it rains in february about 2.2in.
- From march to april the climate is beautiful. It is for example 67°F as maximum temperature in april and you can expect to have 0.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between may and october the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 90°F and you can expect to have 0.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 59°F and, in december, 9 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Malia
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Malia: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Crete
Malia appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Crete appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.