Best time to go to Puerto Limón Average weather of Puerto Limón, Costa Rica
Discover the perfect time to visit Puerto Limón in Costa Rica from average weather conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Puerto Limón?
When is the best time to go to Puerto Limón? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puerto Limón are February, March, April and September
- On average, it is hot all year round
- July is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Puerto Limón
For full information about the climate and weather in Puerto Limón a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in january|
|February||74°F/85°F||good weather||Puerto Limón in february|
|March||74°F/85°F||good weather||Puerto Limón in march|
|April||77°F/86°F||good weather||Puerto Limón in april|
|May||79°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in may|
|June||79°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in june|
|July||77°F/86°F||very bad weather||Puerto Limón in july|
|August||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in august|
|September||79°F/88°F||good weather||Puerto Limón in september|
|October||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in october|
|November||76°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in november|
|December||74°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in december|
Weather and climate in Puerto Limón
- Between the months of january and march the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is okay. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and it rains in may about 11.3in.
- In june the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 92°F.
- From july to august the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 86°F in average and it rains about 13.7in each month.
- In the month of september the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and it rains about 8.5in each month.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F and it rains about 54% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is beautiful. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 14.3in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Puerto Limón
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Puerto Limón: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Puerto Limón
Find out when Puerto Limón has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Puerto Limón
- Very low season in Puerto Limón
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July and September.
- Low season in Puerto Limón
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, October and November.
- High season in Puerto Limón
The number of visitors to Puerto Limón is high in: January and April.
- Peak season in Puerto Limón
The largest number of tourists visiting Puerto Limón is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Puerto Limón month by month
Best time for low prices in Puerto Limón
Average prices of hotels in Puerto Limón month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Puerto Limón. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, March is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Puerto Limón
On average, it costs $ 27 per day to hire a car in Puerto Limón. This price varies by $ 14 depending on the month. In september, hiring a car costs an average of $ 21 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 34.