When is the best time to go to Puerto Limón?
When is the best time to go to Puerto Limón? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puerto Limón are January, February, March, April and November
- On average, it is hot all year round
- July is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Puerto Limón a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||23°C/31°C||202mm||good weather||Puerto Limón in january|
|February||23°C/31°C||149mm||good weather||Puerto Limón in february|
|March||24°C/32°C||113mm||good weather||Puerto Limón in march|
|April||25°C/33°C||93mm||good weather||Puerto Limón in april|
|May||26°C/33°C||159mm||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in may|
|June||26°C/34°C||211mm||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in june|
|July||25°C/33°C||349mm||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in july|
|August||25°C/34°C||230mm||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in august|
|September||25°C/34°C||137mm||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in september|
|October||25°C/34°C||150mm||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in october|
|November||25°C/33°C||238mm||good weather||Puerto Limón in november|
|December||24°C/32°C||273mm||tolerable weather||Puerto Limón in december|
Weather and climate in Puerto Limón
- Between the months of january and march the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 32°C°C.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is okay. In average, on the morning it is 26°C and it rains in may about 159mm.
- In june the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 37°C.
- From july to august the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 33°C in average and it rains about 230mm each month.
- In the month of september the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 25°C and it rains about 137mm each month.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 28°C and it rains about 60% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is beautiful. It is for example 32°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 273mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Puerto Limón
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Puerto Limón: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Costa Rica
Puerto Limón appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.