Best time to go to Sierra Leone for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the most favorable time to go to Sierra Leone from average weather conditions in many locations like Kabala or Koldu below.
When is the best time to go to Sierra Leone?
When is the best time to go to Sierra Leone? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Sierra Leone, the weather is good everywhere in January and December
- The best months to go to Freetown are January, February, March, April, May, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Freetown are January, February, March, April, May, June, October, November and December
- August is the wettest month in this city
- Freetown is the city with the best climate, with good weather 7 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Freetown
Where and when to go based on the weather?
Northeast of Sierra Leone
Lungi, Makeni, Kabala...
South East of Sierra Leone
Daru, Koldu, Kenema...
West Coast of Sierra Leone
To get all the information about the climate and weather in Sierra Leone for a specific month, click on the corresponding link below:
Sierra Leone in january Sierra Leone in february Sierra Leone in march Sierra Leone in april Sierra Leone in may Sierra Leone in june Sierra Leone in july Sierra Leone in august Sierra Leone in september Sierra Leone in october Sierra Leone in november Sierra Leone in december
Best time to travel to Sierra Leone by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Sierra Leone
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Sierra Leone and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Freetown, Bonthe, Daru, Kabala and Kenema, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Sierra Leone
Find out when Sierra Leone has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Sierra Leone
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October. The number of visitors to Sierra Leone is high in: November and December.
- Very low season in Sierra Leone: June, August and September.
- Low season in Sierra Leone: January, February, March, April, May, July and October.
- High season in Sierra Leone: November.
- Peak season in Sierra Leone: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Sierra Leone month by month
Average price for flights to Sierra Leone
A return flight between London and Freetown is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 821 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 393 more for your airline ticket to Freetown if you go in august.
Where to go in Sierra Leone?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
About Sierra Leone
What can I do in Sierra Leone?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping