Best time to go to Bangkok Average weather of Bangkok, Thailand
Get the perfect time to visit Bangkok in Thailand from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Bangkok?
When is the best time to go to Bangkok? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Bangkok are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and November
- October is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Bangkok
Weather details in Bangkok month by month
Weather and climate in Bangkok
- Between january and march the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 104°F and it rains in march about 2.4in.
- Between the months of april and september the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 92°F.
- In october the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 90°F and, in october, 19 days of rain are expected.
- From november to december the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 77°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Bangkok
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Bangkok: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Bangkok
Find out when Bangkok has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Bangkok
- Very low season in Bangkok
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: April, May and September.
- Low season in Bangkok
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, June, July, August and October.
- High season in Bangkok
The number of visitors to Bangkok is high in: January and November.
- Peak season in Bangkok
The largest number of tourists visiting Bangkok is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Bangkok month by month
Best time for low prices in Bangkok
Average prices of hotels in Bangkok month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Bangkok. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Bangkok
A return flight between London and Bangkok is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 558 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 351 more for your airline ticket to Bangkok if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Bangkok
On average, it costs $ 8.7 per day to hire a car in Bangkok. This price varies by $ 2.2 depending on the month. In june, hiring a car costs an average of $ 7.6 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in february is $ 10.