Best time to go to Koh Chang Average weather of Koh Chang, Thailand
Discover the most favorable time to visit Koh Chang in Thailand from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Koh Chang?
When is the best time to go to Koh Chang? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Koh Chang are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Koh Chang
For full information about the climate and weather in Koh Chang a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/90°F||perfect weather||Koh Chang in january|
|February||76°F/92°F||good weather||Koh Chang in february|
|March||79°F/92°F||good weather||Koh Chang in march|
|April||83°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in april|
|May||85°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in may|
|June||83°F/88°F||very bad weather||Koh Chang in june|
|July||81°F/86°F||very bad weather||Koh Chang in july|
|August||81°F/86°F||very bad weather||Koh Chang in august|
|September||81°F/86°F||bad weather||Koh Chang in september|
|October||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in october|
|November||77°F/90°F||good weather||Koh Chang in november|
|December||74°F/88°F||perfect weather||Koh Chang in december|
Weather and climate in Koh Chang
- Between the months of january and february the climate is good. The temperature rises to 92°F and it rains about 2.2in each month.
- From march to may the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and it rains about 13in each month.
- Between june and july the climate is very bad. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 25.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In august the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains about 24.3in each month.
- In the month of september the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 95°F and it rains about 69% of the time in september.
- From october to november the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains in november about 3.8in.
- In december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 95°F and, in december, 2 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Koh Chang
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Koh Chang: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Koh Chang
Find out when Koh Chang has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Koh Chang
- Very low season in Koh Chang
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June and September.
- Low season in Koh Chang
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, July, August and October.
- High season in Koh Chang
The number of visitors to Koh Chang is high in: January, February and November.
- Peek season in Koh Chang
The largest number of tourists visiting Koh Chang is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Koh Chang month by month
Best time for low prices in Koh Chang
Average prices of hotels in Koh Chang month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Koh Chang. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.