When is the best time to go to Koh Chang?
When is the best time to go to Koh Chang? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Koh Chang are January, February, March and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Koh Chang a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||23°C/34°C||47mm||good weather||Koh Chang in january|
|February||25°C/34°C||51mm||good weather||Koh Chang in february|
|March||27°C/35°C||100mm||good weather||Koh Chang in march|
|April||28°C/35°C||145mm||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in april|
|May||29°C/35°C||253mm||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in may|
|June||28°C/33°C||495mm||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in june|
|July||27°C/32°C||556mm||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in july|
|August||27°C/33°C||486mm||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in august|
|September||27°C/33°C||430mm||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in september|
|October||27°C/34°C||301mm||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in october|
|November||26°C/34°C||87mm||tolerable weather||Koh Chang in november|
|December||23°C/34°C||28mm||good weather||Koh Chang in december|
Weather and climate in Koh Chang
- Between the months of january and february the climate is good. The temperature rises to 34°C and it rains about 51mm each month.
- From march to may the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 30°C and it rains about 253mm each month.
- Between june and july the climate is very bad. It is for example 32°C as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 556mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In august the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 33°C°C and it rains about 486mm each month.
- In the month of september the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 38°C and it rains about 93% of the time in september.
- From october to november the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 29°C and it rains in november about 87mm.
- In december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 38°C and, in december, 6 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Koh Chang
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Koh Chang: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Thailand
Koh Chang appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.