Best time to go to Indonesia for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the most favorable time to visit Indonesia from seasonal norms in many locations like Lombok or Surabaya below.
When is the best time to go to Indonesia?
When is the best time to go to Indonesia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Indonesia, the weather is good across more than 63% of the territory for: July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Java (Jakarta) are June, July, August and September
- On average, it is hot all year round in Java (Jakarta)
- The rainiest months in this city are January, February, March and April
- The cities with the best climate are Sulawesi (Makassar) and Rote Island, with good weather at least 10 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Java (Jakarta)
Annual weather in Indonesia
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Indonesia for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F to 90°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||77°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||77°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||79°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|May||79°F to 94°F||good weather*|
|June||77°F to 94°F||good weather*|
|July||76°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
|August||76°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
|September||77°F to 94°F||good weather*|
|October||77°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|November||77°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|December||77°F to 90°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Indonesia by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Indonesia
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Indonesia and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Java (Jakarta), Bali, Lombok, Sulawesi (Makassar) and Sumatra (Medan), as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Indonesia
Find out when Indonesia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Indonesia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, October and November. The number of visitors to Indonesia is high in: July, August, September and December.
- Very low season in Indonesia: January, February and March.
- Low season in Indonesia: April, May, June, October and November.
- High season in Indonesia: December.
- Peek season in Indonesia: July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Indonesia month by month
Average price for flights to Indonesia
A return flight between London and Bali is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 811 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 211 more for your airline ticket to Bali if you go in december.
Where to go in Indonesia?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Indonesia?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping