Best time to go to Palawan for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the very best time to go to Palawan island from average climate conditions in many locations like Bataraza or Port Barton below.
When is the best time to go to Palawan?
When is the best time to go to Palawan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Palawan, the weather is good everywhere in February, March and April
- The best months to go to Puerto Princesa are January, February, March and April
- On average, it is hot all year round in Puerto Princesa
- The rainiest months in this city are June, July, August, September, October and December
- The cities with the best climate are Coron, Bataraza and Busuanga, with good weather at least 7 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Puerto Princesa
Annual weather in Palawan
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Palawan for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|February||79°F to 85°F||perfect weather*|
|March||81°F to 86°F||perfect weather*|
|December||81°F to 86°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Palawan island by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Palawan
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Palawan island and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Puerto Princesa, Coron, El Nido, Port Barton and Sabang, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Palawan
Find out when Palawan island has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Palawan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, June, July, August, September and October. The number of visitors to Palawan island is high in: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- Very low season in Palawan: June and October.
- Low season in Palawan: May, July, August and September.
- High season in Palawan: January, February, March, April and November.
- Peak season in Palawan: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Palawan island month by month
Where to go in Palawan?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
About Palawan island
What can I do in Palawan?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Palawan island reliable?
Climate data for Palawan island has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Palawan island allows us to determine the average for each month in Puerto Princesa, Coron, El Nido, Port Barton, Sabang, Balabac, Bataraza, Busuanga, and 3 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.