Best time to go to Surabaya Average weather of Surabaya, Java
Find the best time to visit Surabaya in Indonesia from seasonal averages, below.
When is the best time to go to Surabaya?
When is the best time to go to Surabaya? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Surabaya are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are January, February and March
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Surabaya
For full information about the climate and weather in Surabaya a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F/88°F||bad weather||Surabaya in january|
|February||81°F/88°F||bad weather||Surabaya in february|
|March||83°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Surabaya in march|
|April||83°F/90°F||good weather||Surabaya in april|
|May||83°F/90°F||good weather||Surabaya in may|
|June||83°F/90°F||good weather||Surabaya in june|
|July||81°F/90°F||perfect weather||Surabaya in july|
|August||81°F/90°F||good weather||Surabaya in august|
|September||83°F/92°F||good weather||Surabaya in september|
|October||85°F/94°F||good weather||Surabaya in october|
|November||85°F/92°F||good weather||Surabaya in november|
|December||83°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Surabaya in december|
Weather and climate in Surabaya
- From january to march the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and you can expect to have 13.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of april and july the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains about 7% of the time in july.
- From august to september the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 97°F and, in september, 1 days of rain are expected.
- Between october and november the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 92°F°C.
- In the month of december the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 90°F°C and it rains about 10.7in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Surabaya
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Surabaya: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Surabaya
Find out when Surabaya has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Surabaya
- Very low season in Surabaya
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Surabaya
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and June.
- High season in Surabaya
The number of visitors to Surabaya is high in: May, July, September and November.
- Peek season in Surabaya
The largest number of tourists visiting Surabaya is during: August, October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Surabaya month by month
Best time for low prices in Surabaya
Average prices of hotels in Surabaya month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Surabaya. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.