Best time to go to Snowy Mountains Average weather of Snowy Mountains, Australia
Find the very best time to go to Snowy Mountains in Australia from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Snowy Mountains?
When is the best time to go to Snowy Mountains? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Snowy Mountains are January, February, March, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January and February
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are February, June, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in Snowy Mountains
For full information about the climate and weather in Snowy Mountains a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||65°F/77°F||good weather||Snowy Mountains in january|
|February||61°F/76°F||good weather||Snowy Mountains in february|
|March||56°F/70°F||good weather||Snowy Mountains in march|
|April||47°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Snowy Mountains in april|
|May||41°F/56°F||very bad weather||Snowy Mountains in may|
|June||38°F/50°F||very bad weather||Snowy Mountains in june|
|July||36°F/49°F||very bad weather||Snowy Mountains in july|
|August||36°F/50°F||very bad weather||Snowy Mountains in august|
|September||41°F/56°F||very bad weather||Snowy Mountains in september|
|October||50°F/63°F||good weather||Snowy Mountains in october|
|November||58°F/68°F||good weather||Snowy Mountains in november|
|December||61°F/72°F||good weather||Snowy Mountains in december|
Weather and climate in Snowy Mountains
- Between the months of january and march the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 70°F and, in march, 5 days of rain are expected.
- In april the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 63°F and, in april, 4 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and september the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 56°F as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 20% of the time in september.
- Between october and december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 94°F and you can expect to have 4in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Snowy Mountains
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Snowy Mountains: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Snowy Mountains
Find out when Snowy Mountains has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Snowy Mountains
- High season in Snowy Mountains
The number of visitors to Snowy Mountains is high in: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.