Best time to go to Malibu Average weather of Malibu, California
Find the very best time to visit Malibu in California from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Malibu?
When is the best time to go to Malibu? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Malibu
- On average, the warmest months are July, August, September and October
- Malibu has dry periods in June, August and September
- The coldest months are January, February and December
- The rainiest months are January and February
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Malibu
For full information about the climate and weather in Malibu a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||54°F/67°F||good weather||Malibu in january|
|February||54°F/67°F||good weather||Malibu in february|
|March||56°F/67°F||good weather||Malibu in march|
|April||59°F/70°F||good weather||Malibu in april|
|May||63°F/72°F||perfect weather||Malibu in may|
|June||68°F/76°F||perfect weather||Malibu in june|
|July||72°F/81°F||perfect weather||Malibu in july|
|August||74°F/83°F||perfect weather||Malibu in august|
|September||72°F/83°F||perfect weather||Malibu in september|
|October||67°F/77°F||perfect weather||Malibu in october|
|November||59°F/72°F||perfect weather||Malibu in november|
|December||54°F/65°F||good weather||Malibu in december|
Weather and climate in Malibu
- From january to april the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 68°F in average and it rains in april about 0.9in.
- Between may and october the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 77°F in average.
- Between november and december the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 54°F and you can expect to have 2.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Malibu
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Malibu: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Malibu
Find out when Malibu has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Malibu
- Very low season in Malibu
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: February and March.
- Low season in Malibu
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, May, June, September, November and December.
- High season in Malibu
The number of visitors to Malibu is high in: April and October.
- Peek season in Malibu
The largest number of tourists visiting Malibu is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Malibu month by month
Best time for low prices in Malibu
Average prices of hotels in Malibu month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Malibu. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.