Best time to go to Santa Barbara Average weather of Santa Barbara, California
Find the perfect time to go to Santa Barbara in United States from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Santa Barbara?
When is the best time to go to Santa Barbara? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Santa Barbara are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- Santa Barbara has dry periods in May, June, August and September
- The coldest months are February and December
- The rainiest months are January, February and March
Annual weather in Santa Barbara
For full information about the climate and weather in Santa Barbara a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||49°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Santa Barbara in january|
|February||47°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Santa Barbara in february|
|March||50°F/67°F||good weather||Santa Barbara in march|
|April||58°F/70°F||perfect weather||Santa Barbara in april|
|May||63°F/74°F||perfect weather||Santa Barbara in may|
|June||68°F/79°F||perfect weather||Santa Barbara in june|
|July||72°F/83°F||perfect weather||Santa Barbara in july|
|August||72°F/83°F||perfect weather||Santa Barbara in august|
|September||68°F/83°F||perfect weather||Santa Barbara in september|
|October||61°F/77°F||perfect weather||Santa Barbara in october|
|November||54°F/72°F||good weather||Santa Barbara in november|
|December||49°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Santa Barbara in december|
Weather and climate in Santa Barbara
- Between january and june the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 79°F°C and it rains in june about 0.2in.
- From july to october the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 77°F in average.
- Between november and december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 81°F and it rains about 8% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Santa Barbara
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Santa Barbara: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Santa Barbara
Find out when Santa Barbara has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Santa Barbara
- Very low season in Santa Barbara
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: February and November.
- Low season in Santa Barbara
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, March, April and December.
- High season in Santa Barbara
The number of visitors to Santa Barbara is high in: May, June, September and October.
- Peak season in Santa Barbara
The largest number of tourists visiting Santa Barbara is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Santa Barbara month by month
Best time for low prices in Santa Barbara
Average prices of hotels in Santa Barbara month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Santa Barbara. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price of hiring a car in Santa Barbara
On average, it costs $ 34 per day to hire a car in Santa Barbara. This price varies by $ 8.4 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 29 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 38.