Best time to go to Grasse Average weather of Grasse, Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Discover the very best time to visit Grasse in Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera) from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Grasse?
When is the best time to go to Grasse? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Grasse are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- November is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Grasse
For full information about the climate and weather in Grasse a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||38°F/52°F||very bad weather||Grasse in january|
|February||38°F/52°F||very bad weather||Grasse in february|
|March||43°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Grasse in march|
|April||50°F/63°F||good weather||Grasse in april|
|May||58°F/68°F||good weather||Grasse in may|
|June||65°F/77°F||perfect weather||Grasse in june|
|July||70°F/81°F||perfect weather||Grasse in july|
|August||68°F/83°F||perfect weather||Grasse in august|
|September||59°F/76°F||perfect weather||Grasse in september|
|October||52°F/68°F||good weather||Grasse in october|
|November||47°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Grasse in november|
|December||41°F/54°F||very bad weather||Grasse in december|
Weather and climate in Grasse
- From january to february the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 52°F and it rains about 15% of the time in february.
- In march the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 56°F in average and it rains in march about 2.9in.
- Between the months of april and october the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 79°F.
- In the month of november the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains in november about 6.9in.
- In december the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and it rains in december about 4.4in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Grasse
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Grasse: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Grasse
Find out when Grasse has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Grasse
- Very low season in Grasse
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and December.
- Low season in Grasse
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, October and November.
- High season in Grasse
The number of visitors to Grasse is high in: May, June and September.
- Peek season in Grasse
The largest number of tourists visiting Grasse is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Grasse month by month
Best time for low prices in Grasse
Average prices of hotels in Grasse month by month
Generally, April is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Grasse. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Grasse
On average, it costs $ 22 per day to hire a car in Grasse. This price varies by $ 6 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 18 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 24.