Best time to go to Marseille Average weather of Marseille, Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Discover the very best time to visit Marseille in Provence/Côte d’Azur from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Marseille?
When is the best time to go to Marseille? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Marseille are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The best months for swimming are July, August and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Marseille a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|bad weather||Marseille in january|
|bad weather||Marseille in february|
|tolerable weather||Marseille in march|
|good weather||Marseille in april|
|good weather||Marseille in may|
|perfect weather||Marseille in june|
|perfect weather||Marseille in july|
|perfect weather||Marseille in august|
|perfect weather||Marseille in september|
|good weather||Marseille in october|
|tolerable weather||Marseille in november|
|bad weather||Marseille in december|
Weather and climate in Marseille
- Between the months of january and february the climate is not good. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and, in february, 6 days of rain are expected.
- In march the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 58°F°C.
- Between april and may the climate is favorable. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in may and, in may, 7 days of rain are expected.
- From june to september the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and it rains about 1.3in each month.
- In the month of october the climate is good. The temperature rises to 68°F and you can expect to have 2.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of november the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in november and, in november, 8 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 49°F and it rains in december about 1.2in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Marseille
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Marseille: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Marseille appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.