Best time to go to Marseille Average weather of Marseille, Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Discover the very best time to visit Marseille in Provence/Côte d’Azur from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Marseille?
When is the best time to go to Marseille? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Marseille are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The best months for swimming are July, August and September
Annual weather in Marseille
For full information about the climate and weather in Marseille a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||47°F/52°F||bad weather||Marseille in january|
|February||45°F/54°F||bad weather||Marseille in february|
|March||50°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Marseille in march|
|April||56°F/63°F||good weather||Marseille in april|
|May||61°F/68°F||good weather||Marseille in may|
|June||68°F/77°F||perfect weather||Marseille in june|
|July||74°F/83°F||perfect weather||Marseille in july|
|August||74°F/85°F||perfect weather||Marseille in august|
|September||68°F/77°F||perfect weather||Marseille in september|
|October||61°F/70°F||good weather||Marseille in october|
|November||54°F/61°F||good weather||Marseille in november|
|December||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Marseille in december|
Weather and climate in Marseille
- Between the months of january and february the climate is not good. the thermometer goes up to 54°F°C and, in february, 5 days of rain are expected.
- In march the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 59°F°C.
- Between april and may the climate is favorable. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in may and, in may, 4 days of rain are expected.
- From june to september the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 74°F and it rains about 2.3in each month.
- In the month of october the climate is good. The temperature rises to 70°F and you can expect to have 4.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of november the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in november and, in november, 5 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 49°F and it rains in december about 2.8in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Marseille
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Marseille: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Marseille
Find out when Marseille has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Marseille
- Very low season in Marseille
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Marseille
The months with low numbers of tourists are: November and December.
- High season in Marseille
The number of visitors to Marseille is high in: April, May, June, September and October.
- Peek season in Marseille
The largest number of tourists visiting Marseille is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Marseille month by month
Best time for low prices in Marseille
Average prices of hotels in Marseille month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Marseille. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Marseille
A return flight between London and Marseille is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 48 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 30 more for your airline ticket to Marseille if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Marseille
On average, it costs $ 21 per day to hire a car in Marseille. This price varies by $ 11 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 16 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 27.