Best time to go to Aix-en-Provence Average weather of Aix-en-Provence, Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Get the very best time to visit Aix-en-Provence in Provence/Côte d’Azur from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Aix-en-Provence?
When is the best time to go to Aix-en-Provence? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Aix-en-Provence are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are October and November
Annual weather in Aix-en-Provence
For full information about the climate and weather in Aix-en-Provence a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||40°F/50°F||very bad weather||Aix-en-Provence in january|
|February||40°F/54°F||very bad weather||Aix-en-Provence in february|
|March||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Aix-en-Provence in march|
|April||52°F/67°F||good weather||Aix-en-Provence in april|
|May||59°F/72°F||good weather||Aix-en-Provence in may|
|June||68°F/81°F||perfect weather||Aix-en-Provence in june|
|July||72°F/86°F||perfect weather||Aix-en-Provence in july|
|August||70°F/86°F||perfect weather||Aix-en-Provence in august|
|September||63°F/79°F||perfect weather||Aix-en-Provence in september|
|October||56°F/70°F||good weather||Aix-en-Provence in october|
|November||49°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Aix-en-Provence in november|
|December||41°F/52°F||very bad weather||Aix-en-Provence in december|
Weather and climate in Aix-en-Provence
- Between january and february the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 54°F and it rains about 13% of the time in february.
- In march the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 45°F.
- Between april and may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 59°F and it rains in may about 3.5in.
- Between june and september the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and you can expect to have 2.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of october the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 56°F and it rains in october about 4.4in.
- In the month of november the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 72°F and it rains about 4.8in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is not good. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and you can expect to have 2.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Aix-en-Provence
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Aix-en-Provence: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Aix-en-Provence
Find out when Aix-en-Provence has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Aix-en-Provence
- Very low season in Aix-en-Provence
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Aix-en-Provence
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, November and December.
- High season in Aix-en-Provence
The number of visitors to Aix-en-Provence is high in: April, May, June, September and October.
- Peek season in Aix-en-Provence
The largest number of tourists visiting Aix-en-Provence is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Aix-en-Provence month by month
Best time for low prices in Aix-en-Provence
Average prices of hotels in Aix-en-Provence month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Aix-en-Provence. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.