Best time to go to Nice Average weather of Nice, Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Discover the very best time to go to Nice in Provence/Côte d’Azur from seasonal norms, right here.
When is the best time to go to Nice?
When is the best time to go to Nice? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Nice are May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- November is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Nice a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|bad weather||Nice in january|
|bad weather||Nice in february|
|bad weather||Nice in march|
|tolerable weather||Nice in april|
|good weather||Nice in may|
|good weather||Nice in june|
|good weather||Nice in july|
|good weather||Nice in august|
|good weather||Nice in september|
|good weather||Nice in october|
|tolerable weather||Nice in november|
|bad weather||Nice in december|
Weather and climate in Nice
- Between the months of january and february the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 50°F°C and you can expect to have 1.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 2.1in each month.
- Between the months of may and october the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 74°F and it rains about 2.8in each month.
- In november the climate is just OK. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in november and you can expect to have 4.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 49°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Nice
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Nice: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Nice appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.