Best time to go to Monaco Average weather of Monaco, Provence/Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Get the best time to go to Monaco in Provence/Côte d’Azur from average climate conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Monaco?
When is the best time to go to Monaco? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Monaco are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- November is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Monaco
For full information about the climate and weather in Monaco a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||47°F/52°F||bad weather||Monaco in january|
|February||47°F/52°F||bad weather||Monaco in february|
|March||50°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Monaco in march|
|April||56°F/61°F||good weather||Monaco in april|
|May||61°F/67°F||good weather||Monaco in may|
|June||68°F/74°F||good weather||Monaco in june|
|July||74°F/79°F||good weather||Monaco in july|
|August||74°F/81°F||good weather||Monaco in august|
|September||68°F/76°F||good weather||Monaco in september|
|October||61°F/68°F||good weather||Monaco in october|
|November||56°F/61°F||good weather||Monaco in november|
|December||49°F/54°F||bad weather||Monaco in december|
Weather and climate in Monaco
- Between the months of january and february the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 52°F in average.
- In march the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 50°F and it rains about 18% of the time in march.
- From april to october the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 68°F°C and it rains about 6.7in each month.
- In november the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 61°F in average and you can expect to have 9.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and it rains about 15% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Monaco
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Monaco: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Monaco
Find out when Monaco has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Monaco
- Very low season in Monaco
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Monaco
The months with low numbers of tourists are: November and December.
- High season in Monaco
The number of visitors to Monaco is high in: April, May, June, September and October.
- Peek season in Monaco
The largest number of tourists visiting Monaco is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Monaco month by month
Best time for low prices in Monaco
Average prices of hotels in Monaco month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Monaco. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.