Best time to go to Samos Average weather of Samos, Greece
Get the perfect time to go to Samos in Greece from seasonal averages here.
When is the best time to go to Samos?
When is the best time to go to Samos? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Samos are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- Samos has dry periods in July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- January is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Samos
For full information about the climate and weather in Samos a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||52°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Samos in january|
|February||54°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Samos in february|
|March||56°F/61°F||good weather||Samos in march|
|April||61°F/65°F||good weather||Samos in april|
|May||68°F/72°F||perfect weather||Samos in may|
|June||74°F/79°F||perfect weather||Samos in june|
|July||79°F/85°F||perfect weather||Samos in july|
|August||79°F/86°F||perfect weather||Samos in august|
|September||74°F/81°F||perfect weather||Samos in september|
|October||68°F/74°F||perfect weather||Samos in october|
|November||61°F/67°F||good weather||Samos in november|
|December||56°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Samos in december|
Weather and climate in Samos
- Between january and march the climate is correct. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in march.
- Between april and may the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 85°F and, in may, 2 days of rain are expected.
- In june the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 77°F and, in june, 2 days of rain are expected.
- From july to august the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and you can expect to have 0.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is very good. It is for example 81°F as maximum temperature in september and you can expect to have 0.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From october to november the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 67°F°C.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and it rains about 26% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Samos
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Samos: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Samos
Find out when Samos has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Samos
- Very low season in Samos
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, October and November.
- Low season in Samos
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, May, June and December.
- High season in Samos
The number of visitors to Samos is high in: September.
- Peek season in Samos
The largest number of tourists visiting Samos is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Samos month by month
Best time for low prices in Samos
Average prices of hotels in Samos month by month
Generally, April is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Samos. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Samos
A return flight between London and Samos is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 229 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 193 more for your airline ticket to Samos if you go in august.