Best time to go to Fuji Average weather of Fuji, Japan
Get the most favorable time to visit Fuji in Japan from seasonal averages, below.
When is the best time to go to Fuji?
When is the best time to go to Fuji? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Fuji are May and August
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and October
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Fuji
For full information about the climate and weather in Fuji a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||32°F/47°F||very bad weather||Fuji in january|
|February||34°F/49°F||very bad weather||Fuji in february|
|March||40°F/54°F||very bad weather||Fuji in march|
|April||49°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Fuji in april|
|May||58°F/72°F||good weather||Fuji in may|
|June||65°F/76°F||tolerable weather||Fuji in june|
|July||72°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Fuji in july|
|August||72°F/86°F||good weather||Fuji in august|
|September||65°F/79°F||tolerable weather||Fuji in september|
|October||56°F/70°F||tolerable weather||Fuji in october|
|November||47°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Fuji in november|
|December||38°F/52°F||very bad weather||Fuji in december|
Weather and climate in Fuji
- Between the months of january and march the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average.
- In the month of april the climate is correct. The temperature rises to 61°F and it rains about 9.7in each month.
- In may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 58°F and you can expect to have 9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 79°F°C.
- In the month of october the climate is good. It is for example 70°F as maximum temperature in october.
- In the month of november the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 81°F and, in november, 6 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Fuji
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Fuji: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Fuji
Find out when Fuji has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Fuji
- Very low season in Fuji
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Fuji
The months with low numbers of tourists are: June, October, November and December.
- High season in Fuji
The number of visitors to Fuji is high in: April, May, July and September.
- Peak season in Fuji
The largest number of tourists visiting Fuji is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Fuji month by month
Best time for low prices in Fuji
Average prices of hotels in Fuji month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Fuji. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, May is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.