When is the best time to go to Kamakura?
When is the best time to go to Kamakura? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kamakura are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are June, September and October
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Kamakura a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||7°C/11°C||83mm||bad weather||Kamakura in january|
|February||8°C/11°C||121mm||bad weather||Kamakura in february|
|March||11°C/15°C||143mm||tolerable weather||Kamakura in march|
|April||16°C/19°C||146mm||good weather||Kamakura in april|
|May||21°C/24°C||137mm||good weather||Kamakura in may|
|June||23°C/26°C||173mm||good weather||Kamakura in june|
|July||28°C/31°C||133mm||good weather||Kamakura in july|
|August||29°C/32°C||131mm||good weather||Kamakura in august|
|September||25°C/29°C||195mm||good weather||Kamakura in september|
|October||20°C/24°C||215mm||good weather||Kamakura in october|
|November||15°C/19°C||117mm||good weather||Kamakura in november|
|December||10°C/14°C||95mm||tolerable weather||Kamakura in december|
Weather and climate in Kamakura
- Between january and february the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 11°C°C and, in february, 10 days of rain are expected.
- In march the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 14°C in average and it rains about 45% of the time in march.
- Between april and november the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 13°C and it rains in november about 117mm.
- In the month of december the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 27°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Kamakura
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Kamakura: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Japan
Kamakura appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.