Best time to go to Hakone Average weather of Hakone, Japan
Discover the very best time to visit Hakone in Japan from average climate conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Hakone?
When is the best time to go to Hakone? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hakone are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, July, September and October
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Hakone
For full information about the climate and weather in Hakone a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||38°F/50°F||very bad weather||Hakone in january|
|February||40°F/52°F||very bad weather||Hakone in february|
|March||45°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Hakone in march|
|April||52°F/65°F||good weather||Hakone in april|
|May||63°F/74°F||good weather||Hakone in may|
|June||70°F/77°F||good weather||Hakone in june|
|July||76°F/85°F||good weather||Hakone in july|
|August||79°F/88°F||good weather||Hakone in august|
|September||72°F/81°F||good weather||Hakone in september|
|October||61°F/72°F||good weather||Hakone in october|
|November||52°F/65°F||good weather||Hakone in november|
|December||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Hakone in december|
Weather and climate in Hakone
- In the month of january the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 38°F and it rains about 11% of the time in january.
- In february the climate is not good. It is for example 52°F as maximum temperature in february and it rains in february about 3.7in.
- In the month of march the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 56°F in average.
- From april to may the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 74°F°C.
- Between the months of june and july the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and you can expect to have 8.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of august and november the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 65°F°C and it rains about 3.5in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 72°F and it rains in december about 2.8in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hakone
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hakone: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Hakone
Find out when Hakone has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Hakone
- Very low season in Hakone
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Hakone
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and June.
- High season in Hakone
The number of visitors to Hakone is high in: May, July, September, November and December.
- Peak season in Hakone
The largest number of tourists visiting Hakone is during: April, August and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Hakone month by month
Best time for low prices in Hakone
Average prices of hotels in Hakone month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Hakone. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.