When is the best time to go to Hakone?
When is the best time to go to Hakone? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hakone are April, May, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, September and October
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Hakone a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||6°C/11°C||92mm||bad weather||Hakone in january|
|February||7°C/11°C||139mm||bad weather||Hakone in february|
|March||8°C/14°C||184mm||tolerable weather||Hakone in march|
|April||11°C/19°C||190mm||good weather||Hakone in april|
|May||16°C/23°C||173mm||good weather||Hakone in may|
|June||19°C/26°C||211mm||tolerable weather||Hakone in june|
|July||23°C/31°C||194mm||good weather||Hakone in july|
|August||24°C/32°C||156mm||good weather||Hakone in august|
|September||21°C/28°C||233mm||good weather||Hakone in september|
|October||17°C/23°C||248mm||good weather||Hakone in october|
|November||14°C/18°C||138mm||good weather||Hakone in november|
|December||9°C/13°C||117mm||bad weather||Hakone in december|
Weather and climate in Hakone
- In the month of january the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 3°C and it rains about 24% of the time in january.
- In february the climate is not good. It is for example 11°C as maximum temperature in february and it rains in february about 139mm.
- In the month of march the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 13°C in average.
- From april to may the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 23°C°C.
- Between the months of june and july the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 31°C°C and you can expect to have 194mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of august and november the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 18°C°C and it rains about 138mm each month.
- In the month of december the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 26°C and it rains in december about 117mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Hakone
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Hakone: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Japan
Hakone appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.