Best time to go to Tokyo Average weather of Tokyo, Japan
Get the perfect time to go to Tokyo in Japan from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Tokyo?
When is the best time to go to Tokyo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tokyo are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, September and October
- The best months for swimming are July, August, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Tokyo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Tokyo in january|
|bad weather||Tokyo in february|
|tolerable weather||Tokyo in march|
|good weather||Tokyo in april|
|good weather||Tokyo in may|
|good weather||Tokyo in june|
|good weather||Tokyo in july|
|good weather||Tokyo in august|
|good weather||Tokyo in september|
|good weather||Tokyo in october|
|good weather||Tokyo in november|
|bad weather||Tokyo in december|
Weather and climate in Tokyo
- Between january and february the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 49°F in average and it rains in february about 3.7in.
- In march the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 47°F and you can expect to have 4.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between april and november the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 63°F in average.
- In the month of december the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 56°F°C and it rains about 2.6in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tokyo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tokyo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Japan
Tokyo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.