Best time to go to Tokyo Average weather of Tokyo, Japan
Get the perfect time to go to Tokyo in Japan from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Tokyo?
When is the best time to go to Tokyo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tokyo are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June, September and October
- The best months for swimming are July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Tokyo
For full information about the climate and weather in Tokyo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F/52°F||very bad weather||Tokyo in january|
|February||43°F/52°F||bad weather||Tokyo in february|
|March||49°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Tokyo in march|
|April||56°F/67°F||good weather||Tokyo in april|
|May||67°F/76°F||good weather||Tokyo in may|
|June||72°F/79°F||good weather||Tokyo in june|
|July||79°F/86°F||good weather||Tokyo in july|
|August||81°F/90°F||good weather||Tokyo in august|
|September||74°F/83°F||good weather||Tokyo in september|
|October||65°F/74°F||good weather||Tokyo in october|
|November||56°F/65°F||good weather||Tokyo in november|
|December||47°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Tokyo in december|
Weather and climate in Tokyo
- Between january and february the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 50°F in average and it rains in february about 2.8in.
- In march the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 49°F and you can expect to have 3.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between april and november the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 63°F in average.
- In the month of december the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 56°F°C and it rains about 2.1in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tokyo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tokyo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tokyo
Find out when Tokyo has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tokyo
- Very low season in Tokyo
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Tokyo
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and June.
- High season in Tokyo
The number of visitors to Tokyo is high in: May, July, August and September.
- Peek season in Tokyo
The largest number of tourists visiting Tokyo is during: April, October, November and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Tokyo month by month
Best time for low prices in Tokyo
Average prices of hotels in Tokyo month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Tokyo. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Tokyo
A return flight between London and Tokyo is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 752 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 152 more for your airline ticket to Tokyo if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Tokyo
On average, it costs $ 58 per day to hire a car in Tokyo. This price varies by $ 11 depending on the month. In june, hiring a car costs an average of $ 52 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in april is $ 63.