When is the best time to go to Tokyo?
When is the best time to go to Tokyo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tokyo are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are September and October
- The best months for swimming are July, August, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Tokyo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||6°C/10°C||78mm||bad weather||Tokyo in january|
|February||7°C/11°C||109mm||bad weather||Tokyo in february|
|March||8°C/15°C||129mm||tolerable weather||Tokyo in march|
|April||13°C/20°C||133mm||good weather||Tokyo in april|
|May||18°C/24°C||135mm||good weather||Tokyo in may|
|June||21°C/27°C||164mm||good weather||Tokyo in june|
|July||25°C/32°C||128mm||good weather||Tokyo in july|
|August||26°C/33°C||150mm||good weather||Tokyo in august|
|September||23°C/29°C||202mm||good weather||Tokyo in september|
|October||18°C/23°C||207mm||good weather||Tokyo in october|
|November||15°C/18°C||109mm||good weather||Tokyo in november|
|December||9°C/13°C||86mm||bad weather||Tokyo in december|
Weather and climate in Tokyo
- Between january and february the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 9°C in average and it rains in february about 109mm.
- In march the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 8°C and you can expect to have 129mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between april and november the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 17°C in average.
- In the month of december the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 13°C°C and it rains about 86mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Tokyo
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Tokyo: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Japan
Tokyo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Japan appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.