Best time to go to Mirissa Average weather of Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Get the best time to go to Mirissa in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Mirissa?
When is the best time to go to Mirissa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Mirissa
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are May, September, October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Mirissa
For full information about the climate and weather in Mirissa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/88°F||good weather||Mirissa in january|
|February||81°F/90°F||good weather||Mirissa in february|
|March||83°F/90°F||good weather||Mirissa in march|
|April||85°F/90°F||good weather||Mirissa in april|
|May||85°F/88°F||good weather||Mirissa in may|
|June||83°F/86°F||good weather||Mirissa in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||good weather||Mirissa in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||good weather||Mirissa in august|
|September||81°F/86°F||good weather||Mirissa in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||good weather||Mirissa in october|
|November||81°F/88°F||good weather||Mirissa in november|
|December||81°F/88°F||good weather||Mirissa in december|
Weather and climate in Mirissa
- Between january and march the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 90°F and it rains about 25% of the time in march.
- From april to may the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average and it rains in may about 6.7in.
- From june to july the climate is favorable. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 20% of the time in july.
- Between the months of august and november the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F.
- In the month of december the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains about 4.3in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Mirissa
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Mirissa: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Mirissa
Find out when Mirissa has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Mirissa
- High season in Mirissa
The number of visitors to Mirissa is high in: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.