Best time to go to Matara Average weather of Matara, Sri Lanka
Find the very best time to visit Matara in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages, below.
When is the best time to go to Matara?
When is the best time to go to Matara? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Matara
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are September and November
For full information about the climate and weather in Matara a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Matara in january|
|perfect weather||Matara in february|
|good weather||Matara in march|
|good weather||Matara in april|
|good weather||Matara in may|
|good weather||Matara in june|
|good weather||Matara in july|
|good weather||Matara in august|
|good weather||Matara in september|
|good weather||Matara in october|
|good weather||Matara in november|
|good weather||Matara in december|
Weather and climate in Matara
- Between january and march the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and you can expect to have 1.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From april to december the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains in december about 1.6in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Matara
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Matara: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Sri Lanka
Matara appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.