Best time to go to Hambantota Average weather of Hambantota, Sri Lanka
Get the perfect time to visit Hambantota in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms, right here.
When is the best time to go to Hambantota?
When is the best time to go to Hambantota? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hambantota are January, February, March, May, June, July, August, September and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Hambantota
For full information about the climate and weather in Hambantota a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/86°F||good weather||Hambantota in january|
|February||81°F/86°F||good weather||Hambantota in february|
|March||83°F/88°F||good weather||Hambantota in march|
|April||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Hambantota in april|
|May||83°F/88°F||good weather||Hambantota in may|
|June||83°F/88°F||good weather||Hambantota in june|
|July||83°F/88°F||good weather||Hambantota in july|
|August||83°F/88°F||perfect weather||Hambantota in august|
|September||83°F/88°F||good weather||Hambantota in september|
|October||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Hambantota in october|
|November||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Hambantota in november|
|December||81°F/85°F||good weather||Hambantota in december|
Weather and climate in Hambantota
- Between january and march the climate is beautiful. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in march and you can expect to have 5.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of april the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains about 45% of the time in april.
- Between the months of may and september the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and you can expect to have 3.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains in december about 9.5in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hambantota
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hambantota: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.