Best time to go to Cape Town Average weather of Cape Town, South Africa
Get the most favorable time to visit Cape Town in South Africa from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Cape Town?
When is the best time to go to Cape Town? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Cape Town
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- Cape Town has dry periods in January and February
- The coldest months are June, July and August
- June is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Cape Town a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in january|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in february|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in march|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in april|
|good weather||Cape Town in may|
|good weather||Cape Town in june|
|good weather||Cape Town in july|
|good weather||Cape Town in august|
|good weather||Cape Town in september|
|good weather||Cape Town in october|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in november|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in december|
Weather and climate in Cape Town
- Between january and march the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 67°F and you can expect to have 0.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From april to november the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 65°F and you can expect to have 0.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is perfect. It is for example 77°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 0.5in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Cape Town
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Cape Town: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of South Africa
Cape Town appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.