When is the best time to go to Cape Town?
When is the best time to go to Cape Town? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Cape Town
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are June, July and August
- The rainiest months are June and August
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Cape Town a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°C/28°C||15mm||perfect weather||Cape Town in january|
|February||22°C/28°C||15mm||perfect weather||Cape Town in february|
|March||20°C/27°C||26mm||perfect weather||Cape Town in march|
|April||17°C/24°C||57mm||perfect weather||Cape Town in april|
|May||15°C/21°C||96mm||good weather||Cape Town in may|
|June||12°C/18°C||173mm||good weather||Cape Town in june|
|July||12°C/18°C||96mm||good weather||Cape Town in july|
|August||12°C/18°C||140mm||good weather||Cape Town in august|
|September||14°C/20°C||69mm||good weather||Cape Town in september|
|October||17°C/22°C||39mm||good weather||Cape Town in october|
|November||18°C/24°C||52mm||perfect weather||Cape Town in november|
|December||20°C/26°C||22mm||perfect weather||Cape Town in december|
Weather and climate in Cape Town
- Between january and march the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 19°C and you can expect to have 26mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From april to november the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 18°C and you can expect to have 52mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is perfect. It is for example 26°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 22mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Cape Town
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Cape Town: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of South Africa
Cape Town appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.