Best time to go to Cape Town Average weather of Cape Town, South Africa
Get the most favorable time to visit Cape Town in South Africa from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Cape Town?
When is the best time to go to Cape Town? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Cape Town
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are June, July and August
- The rainiest months are June and August
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Cape Town a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in january|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in february|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in march|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in april|
|good weather||Cape Town in may|
|good weather||Cape Town in june|
|good weather||Cape Town in july|
|good weather||Cape Town in august|
|good weather||Cape Town in september|
|good weather||Cape Town in october|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in november|
|perfect weather||Cape Town in december|
Weather and climate in Cape Town
- Between january and march the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 19°C and you can expect to have 26mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From april to november the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 18°C and you can expect to have 52mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is perfect. It is for example 26°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 22mm.
Tours and organised trips in South Africa
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Cape Town
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Cape Town: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of South Africa
Cape Town appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in South Africa
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved