Best time to go to Namibia for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the very best time to go to Namibia from average weather conditions in many locations like Swakopmund or Lüderitz here.
When is the best time to go to Namibia?
When is the best time to go to Namibia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Namibia, the weather is good everywhere in March, April, May, August, September, October and November
- The best months to go to Windhoek are January, February, March, April, May, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Windhoek are January, February, September, October, November and December, and the coldest month of the year is July
- February is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Swakopmund, Etosha National Park, Aus, Brandberg Mountain, Cape Cross, Chameis, Damaraland, Fish River Canyon, Kaokoland and Lüderitz, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Swakopmund are January, February, March and April
Annual weather in Namibia
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Namibia for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||63°F to 97°F||good weather*|
|February||63°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|March||63°F to 94°F||good weather*|
|April||61°F to 88°F||perfect weather|
|May||54°F to 86°F||perfect weather*|
|June||47°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|July||45°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|August||50°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|September||58°F to 99°F||perfect weather|
|October||63°F to 101°F||perfect weather*|
|November||65°F to 97°F||perfect weather*|
|December||65°F to 95°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Namibia by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Namibia
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Namibia and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Windhoek, Swakopmund, Etosha National Park, Aus and Brandberg Mountain, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Namibia
Find out when Namibia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Namibia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June and July. The number of visitors to Namibia is high in: August, September, October, November and December.
- Very low season in Namibia: January, February, March, May and June.
- Low season in Namibia: April and July.
- High season in Namibia: September, October, November and December.
- Peek season in Namibia: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Namibia month by month
Average price for flights to Namibia
A return flight between London and Windhoek is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 889 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 415 more for your airline ticket to Windhoek if you go in august.
Where to go in Namibia?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Etosha National Park||92°F||90°F||88°F||86°F||85°F||79°F||79°F||86°F||94°F||97°F||95°F||94°F|
|Fish River Canyon||97°F||95°F||94°F||88°F||81°F||72°F||72°F||76°F||83°F||88°F||92°F||95°F|
|Namib Rand Nature Reserve||81°F||81°F||81°F||79°F||76°F||72°F||72°F||70°F||74°F||76°F||77°F||79°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Namibia?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping