Best time to go to Plettenberg Bay Average weather of Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
Get the most favorable time to visit Plettenberg Bay in South Africa from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Plettenberg Bay?
When is the best time to go to Plettenberg Bay? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Plettenberg Bay
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April and December
- The rainiest months are June, July, August and October
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Plettenberg Bay
For full information about the climate and weather in Plettenberg Bay a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||72°F/77°F||perfect weather||Plettenberg Bay in january|
|February||70°F/77°F||perfect weather||Plettenberg Bay in february|
|March||70°F/76°F||perfect weather||Plettenberg Bay in march|
|April||67°F/74°F||perfect weather||Plettenberg Bay in april|
|May||63°F/70°F||perfect weather||Plettenberg Bay in may|
|June||59°F/67°F||good weather||Plettenberg Bay in june|
|July||58°F/67°F||good weather||Plettenberg Bay in july|
|August||59°F/67°F||good weather||Plettenberg Bay in august|
|September||61°F/67°F||good weather||Plettenberg Bay in september|
|October||63°F/70°F||perfect weather||Plettenberg Bay in october|
|November||65°F/72°F||perfect weather||Plettenberg Bay in november|
|December||68°F/74°F||perfect weather||Plettenberg Bay in december|
Weather and climate in Plettenberg Bay
- In the month of january the climate is perfect. The temperature rises to 77°F and it rains about 1.7in each month.
- In the month of february the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C and it rains about 7% of the time in february.
- In the month of march the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 94°F and it rains in march about 1.8in.
- From april to december the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 68°F and, in december, 2 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Plettenberg Bay
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Plettenberg Bay: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Plettenberg Bay
Find out when Plettenberg Bay has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Plettenberg Bay
- Very low season in Plettenberg Bay
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June and August.
- Low season in Plettenberg Bay
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, July, September and October.
- High season in Plettenberg Bay
The number of visitors to Plettenberg Bay is high in: January, February and November.
- Peek season in Plettenberg Bay
The largest number of tourists visiting Plettenberg Bay is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Plettenberg Bay month by month
Best time for low prices in Plettenberg Bay
Average prices of hotels in Plettenberg Bay month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Plettenberg Bay. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Plettenberg Bay
On average, it costs $ 73 per day to hire a car in Plettenberg Bay. This price varies by $ 75 depending on the month. In may, hiring a car costs an average of $ 28 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in november is $ 102.