Best time to go to Lesotho for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the best time to visit Lesotho from seasonal averages in many locations like Mokhotlong or Maseru here.
When is the best time to go to Lesotho?
When is the best time to go to Lesotho? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Lesotho, the weather is good everywhere in March, October and November
- The best months to go to Maseru are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Maseru are January, February, March, October, November and December, and the coldest months are June and July
- The rainiest months in this city are January and December
- The cities with the best climate are Maseru, Mafeteng and Teyateyaneng, with good weather at least 9 months a year
Annual weather in Lesotho
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Lesotho for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||58°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|February||56°F to 81°F||good weather*|
|March||52°F to 79°F||good weather|
|April||47°F to 72°F||perfect weather*|
|May||41°F to 68°F||good weather*|
|June||34°F to 65°F||tolerable weather*|
|July||34°F to 65°F||very bad weather*|
|August||40°F to 68°F||tolerable weather*|
|September||49°F to 76°F||perfect weather*|
|October||52°F to 77°F||good weather*|
|November||56°F to 79°F||good weather|
|December||58°F to 83°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Lesotho by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Lesotho
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Lesotho and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Maseru, Mafeteng, Mokhotlong, Quthing and Teyateyaneng.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Lesotho
Find out when Lesotho has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Lesotho
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, May, June, July, August, October and November. The number of visitors to Lesotho is high in: April, September and December.
- Very low season in Lesotho: January, June and July.
- Low season in Lesotho: February, March, May, August, October and November.
- High season in Lesotho: December.
- Peek season in Lesotho: April and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Lesotho month by month
Average price for flights to Lesotho
A return flight between London and Maseru is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 1090 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 349 more for your airline ticket to Maseru if you go in april.
Where to go in Lesotho?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Lesotho?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping