When is the best time to go to Knysna?
When is the best time to go to Knysna? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Knysna
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are June, July and August
- The rainiest months are June, July, August and September
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Knysna a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||21°C/27°C||36mm||perfect weather||Knysna in january|
|February||21°C/28°C||34mm||good weather||Knysna in february|
|March||20°C/27°C||43mm||perfect weather||Knysna in march|
|April||18°C/25°C||51mm||good weather||Knysna in april|
|May||16°C/23°C||36mm||good weather||Knysna in may|
|June||13°C/21°C||75mm||good weather||Knysna in june|
|July||13°C/21°C||72mm||good weather||Knysna in july|
|August||14°C/21°C||68mm||good weather||Knysna in august|
|September||15°C/20°C||62mm||good weather||Knysna in september|
|October||17°C/22°C||59mm||good weather||Knysna in october|
|November||18°C/24°C||53mm||good weather||Knysna in november|
|December||20°C/26°C||43mm||perfect weather||Knysna in december|
Weather and climate in Knysna
- In the month of january the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 21°C and it rains about 36mm each month.
- In the month of february the climate is favorable. It is for example 28°C as maximum temperature in february and you can expect to have 34mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of march the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 20°C and it rains about 22% of the time in march.
- In the month of april the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 19°C and it rains about 30% of the time in april.
- In may the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 23°C in average and, in may, 7 days of rain are expected.
- Between june and december the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 25°C in average and it rains about 43mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Knysna
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Knysna: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of South Africa
Knysna appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Africa appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.