Best time to go to Mauritius for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the very best time to go to Mauritius from average weather conditions in many locations like Port Louis or Curepipe right here.
When is the best time to go to Mauritius?
When is the best time to go to Mauritius? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Mauritius, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The best months to go to Port Louis are April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Port Louis are January, February, March, April, May, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are January and February
- The cities with the best climate are Port Louis, Grand Baie, Trou-aux-Biches, Cap Malheureux, Mont Choisy Beach, Poudre d'Or, Albion, Arsenal, Centre de Flacq and Goodlands, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Port Louis are January, February, March, April, May and December
Annual weather in Mauritius
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Mauritius for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||79°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||79°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||79°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|May||76°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|June||74°F to 81°F||perfect weather*|
|July||72°F to 79°F||perfect weather*|
|August||72°F to 79°F||perfect weather*|
|September||72°F to 79°F||perfect weather*|
|October||74°F to 81°F||perfect weather*|
|November||76°F to 83°F||perfect weather*|
|December||79°F to 85°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Mauritius by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Mauritius
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Mauritius and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Port Louis, Flic en Flac, Grand Baie, Trou-aux-Biches and Belle Mare, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Mauritius
Find out when Mauritius has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Mauritius
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September. The number of visitors to Mauritius is high in: October, November and December.
- Very low season in Mauritius: February, March, April, May and June.
- Low season in Mauritius: January, July, August and September.
- High season in Mauritius: October and November.
- Peak season in Mauritius: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Mauritius month by month
Average price for flights to Mauritius
A return flight between London and Port Louis is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 745 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 408 more for your airline ticket to Port Louis if you go in august.
Where to go in Mauritius?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Flic en Flac||85°F||85°F||85°F||85°F||81°F||79°F||77°F||77°F||77°F||81°F||81°F||83°F|
|Trou d'Eau Douce||83°F||85°F||83°F||83°F||79°F||77°F||76°F||74°F||76°F||77°F||79°F||83°F|
|Black River Gorges National Park||85°F||85°F||85°F||85°F||81°F||79°F||77°F||77°F||77°F||81°F||81°F||83°F|
|Blue Bay Marine Park||83°F||85°F||83°F||83°F||79°F||77°F||76°F||74°F||76°F||77°F||79°F||83°F|
|Chamarel Seven Colored Earth Geopark||85°F||85°F||85°F||85°F||81°F||79°F||77°F||77°F||77°F||81°F||81°F||83°F|
|île aux Cerfs||83°F||85°F||83°F||83°F||79°F||77°F||76°F||74°F||76°F||77°F||79°F||83°F|
|Mont Choisy Beach||85°F||85°F||85°F||83°F||79°F||77°F||76°F||76°F||76°F||77°F||81°F||83°F|
What can I do in Mauritius?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Mauritius reliable?
Climate data for Mauritius has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Mauritius allows us to determine the average for each month in Port Louis, Flic en Flac, Grand Baie, Trou-aux-Biches, Belle Mare, Trou d'Eau Douce, Agaléga, Black River Gorges National Park, and 24 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.