Best time to go to Zanzibar for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the most favorable time to visit Zanzibar from seasonal averages in many locations like Paje Beach or Utende on this page.
When is the best time to go to Zanzibar?
When is the best time to go to Zanzibar? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Zanzibar, the weather is good everywhere in January, February, June, July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Stone Town are January, February, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months in Stone Town are January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
- April is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Kilindoni (Mafia Island), Bweni, Chole Bay and Utende, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Stone Town are January, February, March, April, May, June, October, November and December
Annual weather in Zanzibar
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Zanzibar for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F to 88°F||good weather|
|April||77°F to 86°F||very bad weather*|
|May||76°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|June||72°F to 85°F||good weather|
|July||72°F to 83°F||good weather|
Best time to travel to Zanzibar by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Zanzibar
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Zanzibar and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Stone Town, Kilindoni (Mafia Island), Nungwi (Unguja Island), Wete (Pemba Island) and Kiwengwa, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Zanzibar
Find out when Zanzibar has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Zanzibar
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October. The number of visitors to Zanzibar is high in: January, February, November and December.
- Very low season in Zanzibar: June.
- Low season in Zanzibar: March, April, May, July, August, September and October.
- High season in Zanzibar: January, February and November.
- Peek season in Zanzibar: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Zanzibar month by month
Where to go in Zanzibar?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Kilindoni (Mafia Island)||88°F||90°F||90°F||86°F||85°F||85°F||83°F||85°F||86°F||88°F||90°F||90°F|
|Nungwi (Unguja Island)||86°F||86°F||88°F||86°F||85°F||83°F||81°F||81°F||83°F||85°F||86°F||86°F|
|Wete (Pemba Island)||85°F||85°F||86°F||85°F||83°F||81°F||81°F||79°F||81°F||83°F||85°F||85°F|
|Changuu (Prison island)||86°F||86°F||88°F||86°F||85°F||83°F||81°F||81°F||83°F||85°F||86°F||86°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Zanzibar?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping