Best time to go to Malawi for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the very best time to visit Malawi from seasonal averages in many locations like Malawi lake or Mzuzu right here.
When is the best time to go to Malawi?
When is the best time to go to Malawi? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Malawi, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The best months to go to Lilongwe are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months in Lilongwe are September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are January and February
- Zomba is the city with the best climate, with good weather 9 months a year
Annual weather in Malawi
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Malawi for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||68°F to 85°F||very bad weather*|
|February||68°F to 83°F||bad weather*|
|March||68°F to 83°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||67°F to 81°F||good weather*|
|May||65°F to 79°F||good weather*|
|June||61°F to 77°F||perfect weather*|
|July||61°F to 77°F||perfect weather*|
|August||65°F to 83°F||perfect weather|
|September||68°F to 88°F||perfect weather|
|October||72°F to 92°F||perfect weather|
|November||74°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|December||72°F to 88°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Malawi by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Malawi
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Malawi and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Lilongwe, Malawi lake, Blantyre, Mzuzu and Nkhata Bay.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Malawi
Find out when Malawi has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Malawi
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May and June. The number of visitors to Malawi is high in: July, August, September, October, November and December.
- Very low season in Malawi: January and February.
- Low season in Malawi: March, April, May and June.
- High season in Malawi: July, August, September and December.
- Peek season in Malawi: October and November.
Figure: Visitor index for Malawi month by month
Average price for flights to Malawi
A return flight between London and Lilongwe is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 835 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 484 more for your airline ticket to Lilongwe if you go in august.
Where to go in Malawi?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Nyika National Park||77°F||77°F||77°F||77°F||76°F||74°F||74°F||79°F||85°F||88°F||88°F||83°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Malawi?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping