Best time to go to Madagascar for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the perfect time to go to Madagascar from seasonal averages in many locations like Sainte-Marie Island or Toamasina (Tamatave) below.
When is the best time to go to Madagascar?
When is the best time to go to Madagascar? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Madagascar, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Antananarivo are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months in Antananarivo are January, February, March, October, November and December, and the coldest months are June, July and August
- The rainiest months in this city are January and February
- The cities with the best climate are Ambovombe, Fort Dauphin, Itampolo, Toliary, Ifaty, Lavanono and Tôlanaro, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Nosy Be
Annual weather in Madagascar
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Madagascar for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||59°F to 90°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||58°F to 90°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||58°F to 90°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||54°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|May||50°F to 88°F||good weather*|
|June||49°F to 86°F||good weather*|
|July||47°F to 86°F||perfect weather*|
|August||49°F to 90°F||perfect weather*|
|September||50°F to 92°F||perfect weather*|
|October||56°F to 94°F||good weather*|
|November||59°F to 94°F||good weather*|
|December||59°F to 92°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Madagascar by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Madagascar
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Madagascar and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Antananarivo, Nosy Be, Ambovombe, Antsirabe and Antsiranana, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Madagascar
Find out when Madagascar has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Madagascar
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May and June. The number of visitors to Madagascar is high in: July, August, September, October, November and December.
- Very low season in Madagascar: January, February, March and June.
- Low season in Madagascar: April and May.
- High season in Madagascar: July, September, October, November and December.
- Peak season in Madagascar: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Madagascar month by month
Average price for flights to Madagascar
A return flight between London and Antananarivo is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 904 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 827 more for your airline ticket to Antananarivo if you go in august.
Where to go in Madagascar?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Isalo National Park||85°F||83°F||83°F||81°F||77°F||76°F||76°F||79°F||85°F||88°F||90°F||88°F|
|Amber Mountain National Park||85°F||85°F||86°F||86°F||85°F||83°F||81°F||83°F||83°F||85°F||86°F||86°F|
|Andasibe-Mantadia National Park||77°F||77°F||76°F||74°F||72°F||68°F||67°F||70°F||74°F||79°F||81°F||79°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Madagascar?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping