Best time to go to Mozambique for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the perfect time to go to Mozambique from seasonal averages in many locations like Beira or Tete, here.
When is the best time to go to Mozambique?
When is the best time to go to Mozambique? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Mozambique, the weather is good everywhere in April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The weather is good all year in Maputo
- On average, the warmest months in Maputo are January, February, March, April, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are January and February
- The cities with the best climate are Maputo, Inhambane, Tete, Vilankulo, Chibuto, Quelimane and Ressano Garcia, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Maputo are January, February, March and April
Annual weather in Mozambique
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Mozambique for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||70°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||70°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|March||70°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|April||68°F to 88°F||good weather*|
|May||65°F to 86°F||perfect weather*|
|June||59°F to 83°F||perfect weather|
|July||59°F to 83°F||perfect weather*|
|August||65°F to 90°F||perfect weather|
|September||70°F to 97°F||perfect weather|
|October||72°F to 101°F||perfect weather*|
|November||74°F to 101°F||good weather*|
|December||72°F to 95°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Mozambique by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Mozambique
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Mozambique and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Maputo, Beira, Nampula, Gorongosa National Park and Inhambane, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Mozambique
Find out when Mozambique has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Mozambique
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March and June. The number of visitors to Mozambique is high in: April, May, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- Very low season in Mozambique: January and February.
- Low season in Mozambique: March and June.
- High season in Mozambique: May, July, September, October and November.
- Peak season in Mozambique: April, August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Mozambique month by month
Average price for flights to Mozambique
A return flight between London and Maputo is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 734 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 366 more for your airline ticket to Maputo if you go in august.
Where to go in Mozambique?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Gorongosa National Park||86°F||85°F||85°F||83°F||81°F||79°F||79°F||85°F||90°F||92°F||92°F||88°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Mozambique?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping