Best time to go to Hokitika Average weather of Hokitika, New Zealand
Get the very best time to visit Hokitika in New Zealand from average weather conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Hokitika?
When is the best time to go to Hokitika? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hokitika are February and March
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and March
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, April, May, September, October, November and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Hokitika a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Hokitika in january|
|good weather||Hokitika in february|
|good weather||Hokitika in march|
|tolerable weather||Hokitika in april|
|tolerable weather||Hokitika in may|
|bad weather||Hokitika in june|
|bad weather||Hokitika in july|
|bad weather||Hokitika in august|
|bad weather||Hokitika in september|
|tolerable weather||Hokitika in october|
|tolerable weather||Hokitika in november|
|tolerable weather||Hokitika in december|
Weather and climate in Hokitika
- In january the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 61°F and it rains about 38% of the time in january.
- From february to march the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 59°F and it rains about 33% of the time in march.
- Between april and june the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 59°F and you can expect to have 4.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between july and september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 59°F and it rains about 6in each month.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 58°F.
- In the month of december the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 72°F and it rains about 6.7in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hokitika
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hokitika: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of New Zealand
Hokitika appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.