Best time to go to Hokitika Average weather of Hokitika, New Zealand
Get the very best time to visit Hokitika in New Zealand from average weather conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Hokitika?
When is the best time to go to Hokitika? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Hokitika is February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and March
- The coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months are January, April, May, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
Annual weather in Hokitika
For full information about the climate and weather in Hokitika a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Hokitika in january|
|February||56°F/67°F||good weather||Hokitika in february|
|March||54°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Hokitika in march|
|April||52°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Hokitika in april|
|May||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Hokitika in may|
|June||47°F/54°F||bad weather||Hokitika in june|
|July||43°F/52°F||bad weather||Hokitika in july|
|August||45°F/54°F||bad weather||Hokitika in august|
|September||45°F/54°F||bad weather||Hokitika in september|
|October||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Hokitika in october|
|November||52°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Hokitika in november|
|December||56°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Hokitika in december|
Weather and climate in Hokitika
- In january the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 63°F and it rains about 33% of the time in january.
- From february to march the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 61°F and it rains about 29% of the time in march.
- Between april and june the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 59°F and you can expect to have 11.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between july and september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 63°F and it rains about 13.3in each month.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F.
- In the month of december the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 74°F and it rains about 14.6in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hokitika
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hokitika: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Hokitika
Find out when Hokitika has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Hokitika
- Very low season in Hokitika
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July and August.
- Low season in Hokitika
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, September and October.
- High season in Hokitika
The number of visitors to Hokitika is high in: January, March, November and December.
- Peek season in Hokitika
The largest number of tourists visiting Hokitika is during: February.
Figure: Visitor index for Hokitika month by month
Best time for low prices in Hokitika
Average prices of hotels in Hokitika month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Hokitika. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.