When is the best time to go to Hokitika?
When is the best time to go to Hokitika? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hokitika are February and March
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months are September and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Hokitika a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||14°C/20°C||327mm||tolerable weather||Hokitika in january|
|February||15°C/21°C||169mm||good weather||Hokitika in february|
|March||14°C/20°C||141mm||good weather||Hokitika in march|
|April||13°C/18°C||285mm||tolerable weather||Hokitika in april|
|May||10°C/16°C||294mm||tolerable weather||Hokitika in may|
|June||10°C/14°C||254mm||tolerable weather||Hokitika in june|
|July||8°C/13°C||234mm||bad weather||Hokitika in july|
|August||8°C/13°C||293mm||bad weather||Hokitika in august|
|September||9°C/13°C||354mm||bad weather||Hokitika in september|
|October||10°C/14°C||332mm||tolerable weather||Hokitika in october|
|November||11°C/16°C||155mm||tolerable weather||Hokitika in november|
|December||12°C/19°C||434mm||tolerable weather||Hokitika in december|
Weather and climate in Hokitika
- In january the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 18°C and it rains about 47% of the time in january.
- From february to march the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 17°C and it rains about 37% of the time in march.
- Between april and june the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 26°C and you can expect to have 254mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between july and september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 19°C and it rains about 354mm each month.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 16°C.
- In the month of december the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 25°C and it rains about 434mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Hokitika
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Hokitika: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Hokitika appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.