Best time to go to Akaroa Average weather of Akaroa, New Zealand
Discover the best time to go to Akaroa in New Zealand from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Akaroa?
When is the best time to go to Akaroa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Akaroa are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and December
- The coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months are April, May, June, August and October
Annual weather in Akaroa
For full information about the climate and weather in Akaroa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F/72°F||good weather||Akaroa in january|
|February||56°F/72°F||good weather||Akaroa in february|
|March||52°F/68°F||good weather||Akaroa in march|
|April||50°F/63°F||good weather||Akaroa in april|
|May||47°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Akaroa in may|
|June||43°F/52°F||bad weather||Akaroa in june|
|July||41°F/52°F||very bad weather||Akaroa in july|
|August||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Akaroa in august|
|September||43°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Akaroa in september|
|October||45°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Akaroa in october|
|November||50°F/65°F||good weather||Akaroa in november|
|December||56°F/68°F||good weather||Akaroa in december|
Weather and climate in Akaroa
Akaroa enjoys a temperate oceanic climate (with warm summer) in accordance with the Köppen-Geiger classification. The yearly average maximum temperature in Akaroa is 63°F (ranging from 52°F in july to 72°F in january). Annual rainfall is 26.9in, with a minimum of 1.6in in september and a maximum of 3in in june.
- From january to april the climate is good. It is for example 63°F as maximum temperature in april and it rains in april about 2.5in.
- In the month of may the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 58°F in average and, in may, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In june the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 52°F in average.
- In the month of july the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 45°F and it rains about 9% of the time in july.
- In the month of august the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and you can expect to have 2.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 45°F and it rains in october about 2.8in.
- From november to december the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 88°F and, in december, 3 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Akaroa
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Akaroa: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Other cities and places near Akaroa
Chargement en cours
Legend: Akaroa other locations