When is the best time to go to Greymouth?
When is the best time to go to Greymouth? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Greymouth are February and March
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, May, September, October and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Greymouth a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||16°C/20°C||298mm||tolerable weather||Greymouth in january|
|February||17°C/21°C||178mm||good weather||Greymouth in february|
|March||15°C/20°C||136mm||good weather||Greymouth in march|
|April||13°C/17°C||248mm||tolerable weather||Greymouth in april|
|May||10°C/15°C||304mm||tolerable weather||Greymouth in may|
|June||8°C/14°C||239mm||tolerable weather||Greymouth in june|
|July||7°C/13°C||250mm||bad weather||Greymouth in july|
|August||9°C/13°C||256mm||bad weather||Greymouth in august|
|September||10°C/14°C||271mm||tolerable weather||Greymouth in september|
|October||11°C/15°C||294mm||tolerable weather||Greymouth in october|
|November||13°C/17°C||209mm||tolerable weather||Greymouth in november|
|December||16°C/19°C||333mm||tolerable weather||Greymouth in december|
Weather and climate in Greymouth
- In january the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 27°C and it rains in january about 298mm.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 18°C and, in march, 12 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of april and june the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 11°C and you can expect to have 239mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between july and august the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 11°C and, in august, 14 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of september and december the climate is okay. It is for example 19°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 333mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Greymouth
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Greymouth: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Greymouth appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.