Best time to go to Dunedin Average weather of Dunedin, New Zealand
Discover the best time to go to Dunedin in New Zealand from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Dunedin?
When is the best time to go to Dunedin? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Dunedin are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are August and September
- The rainiest months are January, February, April, May, October and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Dunedin a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Dunedin in january|
|good weather||Dunedin in february|
|tolerable weather||Dunedin in march|
|tolerable weather||Dunedin in april|
|bad weather||Dunedin in may|
|bad weather||Dunedin in june|
|bad weather||Dunedin in july|
|bad weather||Dunedin in august|
|bad weather||Dunedin in september|
|bad weather||Dunedin in october|
|tolerable weather||Dunedin in november|
|tolerable weather||Dunedin in december|
Weather and climate in Dunedin
- From january to february the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 79°F.
- From march to may the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 56°F°C and it rains about 34% of the time in may.
- From june to september the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 52°F in average and you can expect to have 1.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From october to december the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 54°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Dunedin
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Dunedin: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of New Zealand
Dunedin appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.