When is the best time to go to Ashburton?
When is the best time to go to Ashburton? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Ashburton are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, April, May, June, August and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Ashburton a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||17°C/23°C||63mm||good weather||Ashburton in january|
|February||17°C/23°C||54mm||good weather||Ashburton in february|
|March||15°C/21°C||48mm||good weather||Ashburton in march|
|April||12°C/18°C||65mm||good weather||Ashburton in april|
|May||8°C/15°C||70mm||tolerable weather||Ashburton in may|
|June||6°C/12°C||77mm||bad weather||Ashburton in june|
|July||5°C/12°C||52mm||very bad weather||Ashburton in july|
|August||7°C/13°C||76mm||bad weather||Ashburton in august|
|September||9°C/15°C||43mm||tolerable weather||Ashburton in september|
|October||11°C/17°C||69mm||tolerable weather||Ashburton in october|
|November||13°C/19°C||47mm||good weather||Ashburton in november|
|December||16°C/22°C||51mm||good weather||Ashburton in december|
Weather and climate in Ashburton
- Between the months of january and april the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 9°C and it rains about 65mm each month.
- In the month of may the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 13°C in average and, in may, 8 days of rain are expected.
- In june the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 12°C and you can expect to have 77mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is very bad. It is for example 12°C as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 52mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of august the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 12°C in average and it rains about 31% of the time in august.
- Between september and october the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 16°C in average and it rains in october about 69mm.
- Between november and december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 33°C and it rains about 51mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Ashburton
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Ashburton: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Ashburton appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.