Best time to go to Ashburton Average weather of Ashburton, New Zealand
Get the perfect time to visit Ashburton in New Zealand from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Ashburton?
When is the best time to go to Ashburton? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Ashburton are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and December
- The coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months are April, May, June, August and October
Annual weather in Ashburton
For full information about the climate and weather in Ashburton a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F/72°F||good weather||Ashburton in january|
|February||56°F/72°F||good weather||Ashburton in february|
|March||52°F/68°F||good weather||Ashburton in march|
|April||50°F/63°F||good weather||Ashburton in april|
|May||47°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Ashburton in may|
|June||43°F/52°F||bad weather||Ashburton in june|
|July||41°F/52°F||very bad weather||Ashburton in july|
|August||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Ashburton in august|
|September||43°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Ashburton in september|
|October||45°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Ashburton in october|
|November||50°F/65°F||good weather||Ashburton in november|
|December||56°F/68°F||good weather||Ashburton in december|
Weather and climate in Ashburton
- Between the months of january and april the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 50°F and it rains about 2.5in each month.
- In the month of may the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 58°F in average and, in may, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In june the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 52°F and you can expect to have 3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is very bad. It is for example 52°F as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of august the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and it rains about 12% of the time in august.
- Between september and october the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and it rains in october about 2.8in.
- Between november and december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 88°F and it rains about 2.1in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Ashburton
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Ashburton: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Ashburton
Find out when Ashburton has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Ashburton
- Very low season in Ashburton
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June, July and August.
- Low season in Ashburton
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May and September.
- High season in Ashburton
The number of visitors to Ashburton is high in: January, March, October and November.
- Peek season in Ashburton
The largest number of tourists visiting Ashburton is during: February and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Ashburton month by month
Best time for low prices in Ashburton
Average prices of hotels in Ashburton month by month
Generally, March is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Ashburton. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.