Best time to go to Timaru Average weather of Timaru, New Zealand
Find the very best time to go to Timaru in New Zealand from seasonal averages right here.
When is the best time to go to Timaru?
When is the best time to go to Timaru? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, April and May
For full information about the climate and weather in Timaru a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|bad weather||Timaru in january|
|bad weather||Timaru in february|
|bad weather||Timaru in march|
|very bad weather||Timaru in april|
|very bad weather||Timaru in may|
|very bad weather||Timaru in june|
|very bad weather||Timaru in july|
|very bad weather||Timaru in august|
|very bad weather||Timaru in september|
|very bad weather||Timaru in october|
|bad weather||Timaru in november|
|bad weather||Timaru in december|
Weather and climate in Timaru
- In january the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 72°F and it rains about 10.8in each month.
- In the month of february the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 56°F°C and it rains in february about 7in.
- In the month of march the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 49°F.
- From april to november the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 41°F and it rains about 6.5in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 47°F and you can expect to have 9.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Timaru
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Timaru: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of New Zealand
Timaru appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.