Best time to go to Margaret River Average weather of Margaret River, Australia
Discover the very best time to go to Margaret River in Australia from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Margaret River?
When is the best time to go to Margaret River? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Margaret River
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- The best months for swimming are February, March, April and May
Annual weather in Margaret River
For full information about the climate and weather in Margaret River a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||67°F/76°F||perfect weather||Margaret River in january|
|February||67°F/77°F||perfect weather||Margaret River in february|
|March||67°F/74°F||perfect weather||Margaret River in march|
|April||63°F/72°F||good weather||Margaret River in april|
|May||61°F/67°F||good weather||Margaret River in may|
|June||59°F/65°F||good weather||Margaret River in june|
|July||58°F/63°F||good weather||Margaret River in july|
|August||58°F/63°F||good weather||Margaret River in august|
|September||58°F/63°F||good weather||Margaret River in september|
|October||59°F/67°F||good weather||Margaret River in october|
|November||63°F/70°F||perfect weather||Margaret River in november|
|December||67°F/74°F||perfect weather||Margaret River in december|
Weather and climate in Margaret River
- Between january and march the climate is perfect. At lunchtime, it's 74°F in average and it rains about 6% of the time in march.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 63°F and it rains about 5.9in each month.
- Between june and august the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 72°F and, in august, 10 days of rain are expected.
- From september to november the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 83°F and it rains about 9% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 67°F and you can expect to have 1.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Margaret River
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Margaret River: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Margaret River
Find out when Margaret River has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Margaret River
- Very low season in Margaret River
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June and August.
- Low season in Margaret River
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March and July.
- High season in Margaret River
The number of visitors to Margaret River is high in: September.
- Peak season in Margaret River
The largest number of tourists visiting Margaret River is during: January, April, October, November and December.