Best time to go to Key West Average weather of Key West, Florida
Find the best time to go to Key West in United States from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Key West?
When is the best time to go to Key West? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Key West are January, February, March, April, May, June, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are August, September and October
- The best months for swimming are May, June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Key West
For full information about the climate and weather in Key West a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||70°F/74°F||perfect weather||Key West in january|
|February||72°F/76°F||perfect weather||Key West in february|
|March||74°F/76°F||perfect weather||Key West in march|
|April||77°F/79°F||good weather||Key West in april|
|May||79°F/81°F||good weather||Key West in may|
|June||83°F/85°F||good weather||Key West in june|
|July||85°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Key West in july|
|August||85°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Key West in august|
|September||85°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Key West in september|
|October||81°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Key West in october|
|November||77°F/79°F||good weather||Key West in november|
|December||74°F/77°F||perfect weather||Key West in december|
Weather and climate in Key West
- From january to february the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 79°F and, in february, 3 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 85°F and it rains about 15% of the time in april.
- From may to june the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 85°F.
- Between july and september the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 88°F and, in september, 16 days of rain are expected.
- Between october and december the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 76°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Key West
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Key West: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Key West
Find out when Key West has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Key West
- Very low season in Key West
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: September.
- Low season in Key West
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, April, May, June, August, October and November.
- High season in Key West
The number of visitors to Key West is high in: January, March and July.
- Peek season in Key West
The largest number of tourists visiting Key West is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Key West month by month
Best time for low prices in Key West
Average prices of hotels in Key West month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Key West. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, March is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Key West
On average, it costs $ 35 per day to hire a car in Key West. This price varies by $ 11 depending on the month. In october, hiring a car costs an average of $ 28 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 39.