Best time to go to Montenegro for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the perfect time to visit Montenegro from average weather conditions in many locations like Kotor or Žabljak, right here.
When is the best time to go to Montenegro?
When is the best time to go to Montenegro? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Montenegro, the weather is good everywhere in May, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Podgorica are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Podgorica are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- November is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Podgorica, Bar, Ulcinj, Donji Murići (Skadar Lake) and Danilovgrad, with good weather at least 7 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Bar are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Montenegro
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Montenegro for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°F to 52°F||very bad weather|
|February||25°F to 54°F||very bad weather|
|March||31°F to 59°F||very bad weather*|
|April||41°F to 65°F||tolerable weather*|
|May||50°F to 72°F||good weather|
|June||58°F to 81°F||good weather*|
|July||63°F to 88°F||perfect weather*|
|August||61°F to 90°F||perfect weather*|
|September||52°F to 81°F||good weather|
|October||43°F to 70°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||36°F to 63°F||tolerable weather*|
|December||27°F to 56°F||very bad weather*|
Best time to travel to Montenegro by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Montenegro
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Montenegro and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Podgorica, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Ulcinj, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Montenegro
Find out when Montenegro has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Montenegro
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December. The number of visitors to Montenegro is high in: June, July, August and September.
- Very low season in Montenegro: January, February, March, November and December.
- Low season in Montenegro: April, May and October.
- High season in Montenegro: June and September.
- Peak season in Montenegro: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Montenegro month by month
Average price for flights to Montenegro
A return flight between London and Podgorica is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 68 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 116 more for your airline ticket to Podgorica if you go in august.
Where to go in Montenegro?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Donji Murići (Skadar Lake)||47°F||50°F||56°F||65°F||72°F||81°F||88°F||90°F||81°F||70°F||61°F||50°F|
|Durmitor National Park||32°F||36°F||41°F||52°F||61°F||70°F||74°F||76°F||67°F||56°F||49°F||36°F|
|Lovcen National Park||45°F||49°F||52°F||59°F||65°F||74°F||81°F||81°F||74°F||67°F||59°F||50°F|
|Petrovac na Moru||45°F||49°F||52°F||59°F||65°F||74°F||81°F||81°F||74°F||67°F||59°F||50°F|
|Prokletije National Park||40°F||45°F||50°F||61°F||70°F||79°F||85°F||86°F||76°F||65°F||56°F||45°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Montenegro?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping