Best time to go to Hungary for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the best time to visit Hungary from average climate conditions in many locations like Pecs or Debrecen, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Hungary?
When is the best time to go to Hungary? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Hungary, the weather is good everywhere in April, May, June, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Budapest are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Budapest are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are May and June
- The cities with the best climate are Budapest, Pecs, Debrecen, Hortobágy National Park, Kalocsa, Szeged, Szentendre, Szolnok, Visegrád and Békéscsaba, with good weather at least 7 months a year
Annual weather in Hungary
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Hungary for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||27°F to 40°F||very bad weather|
|February||31°F to 45°F||very bad weather|
|March||38°F to 54°F||very bad weather|
|April||50°F to 67°F||good weather|
|May||58°F to 72°F||good weather|
|June||67°F to 81°F||good weather|
|July||68°F to 86°F||perfect weather*|
|August||68°F to 88°F||perfect weather*|
|September||59°F to 77°F||perfect weather*|
|October||49°F to 65°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||40°F to 54°F||very bad weather*|
|December||31°F to 41°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Hungary by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Hungary
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Hungary and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Budapest, Gyor, Pecs, Balaton Lake and Debrecen.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Hungary
Find out when Hungary has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Hungary
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, November and December. The number of visitors to Hungary is high in: April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in Hungary: January and February.
- Low season in Hungary: March, November and December.
- High season in Hungary: April, May, June, September and October.
- Peek season in Hungary: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Hungary month by month
Average price for flights to Hungary
A return flight between London and Budapest is generally cheaper if you go in september ($ 61 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 53 more for your airline ticket to Budapest if you go in august.
Where to go in Hungary?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Hortobágy National Park||36°F||41°F||52°F||65°F||72°F||81°F||85°F||86°F||77°F||63°F||52°F||40°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Hungary?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping