Best time to go to Karpathos Average weather of Karpathos, Greece
Get the perfect time to visit Karpathos in Greece from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Karpathos?
When is the best time to go to Karpathos? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Karpathos
- On average, the warmest months are July, August and September
- Karpathos has dry periods in June, July and August
- The rainiest months are January and December
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Karpathos
For full information about the climate and weather in Karpathos a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||59°F/61°F||good weather||Karpathos in january|
|February||59°F/61°F||good weather||Karpathos in february|
|March||59°F/61°F||good weather||Karpathos in march|
|April||63°F/65°F||good weather||Karpathos in april|
|May||68°F/70°F||perfect weather||Karpathos in may|
|June||74°F/76°F||perfect weather||Karpathos in june|
|July||77°F/79°F||perfect weather||Karpathos in july|
|August||79°F/81°F||perfect weather||Karpathos in august|
|September||77°F/79°F||perfect weather||Karpathos in september|
|October||72°F/74°F||perfect weather||Karpathos in october|
|November||68°F/70°F||perfect weather||Karpathos in november|
|December||63°F/65°F||good weather||Karpathos in december|
Weather and climate in Karpathos
- From january to february the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 61°F and it rains about 3.1in each month.
- From march to april the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 63°F.
- Between may and june the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 76°F°C and, in june, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between july and august the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 79°F.
- Between september and october the climate is perfect. In average, on the morning it is 72°F and it rains about 1.7in each month.
- Between november and december the climate is favorable. It is for example 65°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 21% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Karpathos
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Karpathos: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Karpathos
Find out when Karpathos has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Karpathos
- Very low season in Karpathos
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May and October.
- Low season in Karpathos
The months with low numbers of tourists are: June, September, November and December.
- High season in Karpathos
The number of visitors to Karpathos is high in: July.
- Peek season in Karpathos
The largest number of tourists visiting Karpathos is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Karpathos month by month
Best time for low prices in Karpathos
Average price of hiring a car in Karpathos
On average, it costs $ 16 per day to hire a car in Karpathos. This price varies by $ 22 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 8.4 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 30.